The last couple of months have been kind of monotonous. However Brett did get a week off for Spring Break. We met Jess and Chelsie for our version of a Missouri Church history tour. It was fun. Weather has been typical Missouri like and crazy, it went from snow to rain to 65 degrees and sunny back to rain and tornado's and hail and now we're back to snow and cold! I am ready for a steady week of mild weather! I may have to wait till I get to Utah till I can get it though. Which by the way is only in two and a half months!! I bought my tickets a few weeks ago. I'm heading out a few weeks before Brett to spend some extra time!! Started my Internship at the middle school in town. LOVE IT! I definitely know I am happy in a school, forgot how much I missed it! Brett successfully finished another quarter at ATSU and is back to studying like crazy. I work and try to keep Brett from disappearing into his studies and we are doing good. Enjoy the pics from KC!!

On our way we stopped at a Amish community, Jamesport.
It's only an 90 miles from where we live and about 15 to
Adam-Ondi-Ahman.

Share the Road :)

One of the best things about NE Missouri is the Amish stores.
They are so fun to go into and have the best things! This trip
we bought some fresh spearmint tea, just like we used to pick in
Tropic!

The valley of Adam-Ondi-Ahman. We met up with Jess and
Chelsie here. Not as pretty as the summer and fall but still a
nice spot.


Our next stop was Liberty Jail. This was great, though I still
liked Carthage better, there is something about being in the
actual building where our Prophet Joseph was martyred.
Liberty Jail was nice though, I learned quite a bit that I didn't.





The Country Club Plaza, downtown Kansas City.
In the late 1800's these Spanish style buildings were built
as housing, community and business centers. Now it's one
giant shopping center! I loved the architecture and feel to it.
In the summer they have some amazing fountains, guess we
will have to go back to see them!

Famous Kansas City BBQ

My favorite destination of the trip, though all of it was amazing!
This is a giant museum/farmer market/downtown shopping center!
They had so many fun shops and booths with fresh ethnic and organic
food! I bought some delicious fruit and wanted to try everything.
Once again something I would love to come back and see!

The RLDS Temple, very interesting and pretty, in
Independence, MO. It started to rain!
We were unable to go to Haun's mill or Far West but they
are close to here also.

Independence, MO Home of President Harry Truman.
Clinton's Soda Fountain, where he had his first job as a
teen! They have amazing phosphates!
Our last stop was Costco :) but didn't think that warranted a
picture!



I love church history sites! What a fun trip. Um..tornadoes! Scary. Are you anywhere near Joplin? Hope you are safe.
ReplyDelete