Saturday, October 16, 2010

Kirksville...

Well it has been two months since we have been in Kirksville. Thought I would update everyone on some personalized views of the small town that is our new home.


Truman State University Homecoming Parade...
It was quite the event, my favorite was the Hillbilly Club :)
Complete with dancing hillbilly's, limos with chairs attached to
the sides and a smoking outhouse. Nothin like a small town parade.


Missouri has some crazy rain storms. This being a typical one.
Our whole street becomes a river.


Thousand Hills State Park..One of our
favorite places to go. Lucky loves it, as you can see :)


Kirksville's downtown is quaintly called "The Square"
I love the old city hall building that is down there.


Some very interesting and old cemetery's are found in town.
This one shows A.T. Still's gravestone. He is the founder of Brett's
school and Osteopathic medicine.


Part of Brett's campus. The tree's were just starting to change
for fall.


More of Thousand Hills..


Weird Pic, but the newspaper building is very cool.


I was driving home one night and had to pull over to catch
this picture of a Missouri Sunset.


This one was a little more planned...we take Lucky running
in some fields west of town and I took my camera to try to
catch a good sunset after it had stormed all day. I did get a
good I one I believe.


Occasionally my job takes me to the surrounding counties.
On my way to one of them I saw this amazing display of
country charm... the coke sign was an added bonus.


An up-close shot of the previous same tree


I LOVE THE FALL!!!

Pretty but I still miss the Quakies in fall from home...



Our tree in our back yard.


Well I hope you enjoyed the pics. We are doing well and enjoying
the new area. I am loving my new job and Brett is hating studying.
:) But he is doing amazing regardless.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics! Especially the one with the leaves and the barn and the Coke sign! You should enter it in a photo contest! Glad you are doing good! We love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete